Between Portugal and Spain, and until 30 June 2020, movements of international carriage of goods, international passenger transport within the cases provided by the Council of Ministers’ Resolution, of cross-border workers and seasonal workers with an employment relationship duly supported by documentation thereto are allowed only, as well as movements of emergency and rescue vehicles and of the emergency service.
The authorised crossing points at the land border are as follows:
- Valença-Viana do Castelo, exit from Tuy-Valença-ligação IP1-A3 Bridge, in Valença, and railway station of Valença;
- Vila Verde da Raia- Chaves, exit from A52, connection to A24, km 0, near the roundabout;
- Quintanilha-Bragança, exit from IP4/E 82 International Bridge, exit node to Quintanilha or close to CCPA facilities at N218-1 Quintanilha;
- Vilar Formoso-Guarda close to the border line, Largo da Fronteira, close to CCPA, N 16/E80, connection 620 Fuentes de Õnoro, Spain, including the railway station of Vilar Formoso and the access through the TIR Parking Lot, truck lane, N16, Vilar Formoso;
- Termas de Monfortinho-Castelo Branco, junction of N 239 with N 240 in Termas de Monfortinho;
- Marvão-Portalegre, border line, Marvão, N 521 connection from Valência de Alcântara to IC 13 Marvão;
- Caia-Elvas, exit from A6 km 158, connection Caia-Elvas, close by the Tourist Office, Elvas;
- Vila Verde de Ficalho-Beja, close to the borderline, connection A 495 Rosal de la Frontera to IP 8, Serpa;
- Castro Marim-Praça da Fronteira, km 131 da A22, Guadiana-Castro Marim International Bridge, including the river dock of Vila Real de Santo António.
- Mourão, Ponto de Fronteira de S. Leonardo, km 7, EN 256-1, on working days, from 7:00 am to 9:00 am and from 6:00 pm to 8:00 pm;
- Rio de Onor, Ponto de Fronteira da Rua da Costa, Caminho Rural, on Wednesdays and Saturdays, from 10:00 am to 12:00 pm;
- Tourém, Ponto de Fronteira nº 101, EM 513, on Mondays and Thursdays, from 6:00 am to 8:00 am and from 5:00 pm to 7:00 pm;
- Barrancos, EN 258, km 105,5, which connects to HU-9101, on Mondays and Thursdays, from 6:00 am to 8:00 am and from 5:00 pm to 7:00 pm;
- Melgaço, Lugar do Peso, km 19,800, EN 202, on working days, from 7:00 am to 9:00 am;
- Monção, Avenida da Galiza, km 15,300, EN 101, on working days, from 7:00 am to 9:00 am;
- Miranda do Douro, km 86,990, EN 218, on working days, from 7:00 am to 9:00 am;
- Vila Nova de Cerveira, km 104,500, EN 13, on working days, from 7:00 am to 9:00 am.
The constraints of the mentioned traffic do not harm:
a) The right of entry of nationals and holders of a residence permit within the corresponding countries;
b) The movement of diplomatic staff, of the Armed Forces, of security forces and services, health and rescue professionals, and staff thereto, including staff to be included to the Special Response to Forest Fire Fighting;
c) The movement for family reunion purposes;
d) The access to healthcare units, under bilateral agreements related to the healthcare services;
e) The right of exit of citizens living in another country;
f) The right of entry and exit from the national territory of seasonal workers with an employment relationship duly supported by documentation thereto.
For more information:
Resolução do Conselho de Ministros n.º 10-B/2020
Resolução do Conselho de Ministros n.º 22/2020
Resolução do Conselho de Ministros n.º 33-B/2020
Resolução do Conselho de Ministros n.º 34-A/2020
Despacho n.º 5897-A/2020
Resolução do Conselho de Ministros n.º 43-A/2020